COVID Time: In Office Visits
May 21, 2020
Visits during COVID-19
In the office
Even though families are staying home to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there are still important reasons why you may need to bring your child into the office, including:
- Newborn visits after a baby is born.
- To stay up-to-date on immunizations and well child visits.
- For hearing and vision screenings.
- To monitor growth, blood pressure, and other vital signs.
- To check labs such as for strep throat or anemia.
- To check on developmental milestones.
- To treat infections or injuries.
- Adolescent health concerns such as menstrual care or anxiety/depression screening.
- ADHD visits
What to do if your child gets sick
Sometimes it’s hard to tell how sick your child is. Please call out office with any questions or concerns. We are happy to help talk you through your concerns or let you know if we feel a visit is necessary. We have different options available for appointments and precautions are in place to provide safe care for our patients and their families.
If you feel you need to call 911, trust your instincts and call.
Most of all, do not avoid calling your pediatrician or worry that a trip to the clinic or hospital will put you or your child at higher risk for COVID-19. Doctor’s offices and emergency departments are still seeing and treating patients and are following all recommended steps to keep patients and families safe.
We are here for you
We know that this is a very uncertain time and there are fears and concerns; however, we are still here for you. If your child is sick or injured, or struggling emotionally, please call. We are working hard to make sure we can care for your child, while doing our best to keep everyone safe.
https://healthychildren.org/English/tips-tools/ask-the-pediatrician/Pages/Is-it-OK-to-call-the-pediatrician-during-COVID-19-even-if-Im-not-sure-my-child-is-sick.aspx#.XqiCXzdeY90.facebookNext Post >>